2013 - 2015 Archived Content
Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management
For a number of years this was the official website for the Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM), is an autonomous state business institute in Bangladesh. Established in 1992 BIAM provides continuous training to the public servants in various fields of Development, Administration and Management.
If you have inadvertently ended up here while searching for the Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management, please go to their current website at: http://www.biam.org.bd/ for the most up to date information.
Content is from this site's 2013-2015 archived pages.
The social and economic changes which have taken place in Bangladesh and the material advancement gained over the years have created circumstances requiring the uplifting of moral and spiritual values of the people, specially of the members of the Bangladesh Civil Service.
BIAM Foundation or Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management
63 Dilu Road
Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM) was established in 1992 to provide continuous training to the public servants in various fields of Development, Administration and Management. The Government of Bangladesh by a Resolution in November 2002 formed the BIAM Foundation. As an associate institute of the Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Administration Association, BIAM has the mission of facilitating human resource development in the Civil Service of Bangladesh. The core mission of BIAM is Human Resource Development. This mission is accomplished through organizing various training Programs, national and international seminars, workshops etc. for the personnel engaged in government and non-government organizations and other private bodies. The institute also conducts regular training courses in Computer, Management and Communicative English. BIAM has been running a Diploma Course in Computer since 1998, with the affiliation of City & Guilds, U.K.
As an associate institute of the Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Administration Association, BIAM has the mission of facilitating human resource development in the Administration of Bangladesh.
BIAM has the vision to equip BCS Admin officers and other public servants working in various fields of Development, Administration and Management as well as personnel serving in non-government institutions and organizations so as to achieve the spirit of NASPR and MDGs in this new millennium. Unlike other institutions, BIAM is a self finance organization.
As a multi-faceted organization, BIAM has the following facilities:
- Hostel: It provides a hostel cum training center with a big seminar room, 5 training rooms, 7 conference rooms, 6 single bed A.C. deluxe rooms, 10 double bed VIP A.C. rooms, 39 non A.C. double bed rooms, 4 computer labs, one library, one modern language center and 4 modern cafés.
- Auditorium: BIAM complex also provides a 575 capacity auditorium and a 20 capacity multi-purpose hall. The auditorium, conference rooms, computer labs and classrooms including the multi-purpose hall are all air-conditioned. Please click here for hall and click here for hostel charges.
- Canteen: BIAM has 4 canteens providing meals from breakfast through dinner. Seasonal menu packages are available. Parties coming to organize their programs at BIAM may take the opportunity of availing supply of standard food from the canteens. Please click here to learn more about menus at dinner and menus at lunch.
The programs organized at BIAM are Training, Education, IT Training, Art development etc. BIAM offers training courses in the following areas:
- Manners and etiquette of public servants
- Ethics and morality in administration
- Art of conducting meeting/conferences
- Art of public speaking
- Organizational leadership
- Good governance
- Procurement of office equipment and tender formalities (purchase procedures).
- Conflict resolution
- Poverty alleviation
- Aid negotiations
It provides a hostel / training center with a big seminar room, 5 training rooms, 7 conference rooms, 6 single bed A.C. deluxe rooms, 10 double bed VIP A.C. rooms, 39 non A.C. double bed rooms ...
BIAM regularly publishes career opportunities through leading news papers ...
BIAM publishes books, journals and other printed materials periodically ...
This mission is accomplished through organizing various training programs, holding national, regional and international seminars, workshops etc. ...
BIAM, at present, organizes training Pro
The objective of such Programs is to build individual capability through enhanced skill and knowledge. The following issues are focused in the training program of BIAM:
- Linking training to career development
- Integration of training with manpower planning
- Training of trainers
- Problem-solving skill development
Training program of BIAM works towards a long run strategy for improving the training system in Bangladesh.
BIAM has entered into collaborative training Programs with national and international institutions and organises field visits for international courses as a coordinating agency.
BIAM also organises seminars/workshops on national and international issues.
As a multifaceted organization, BIAM provides the following facilities:
Dormitory: It provides boarding facilities to the participants of residential training courses. The dormitory is also maintained with a international standard. Local and foreign guests can be resided here comfortably with full safety and security at reasonable tariff. There are 6 single bed A/C rooms, 10 double bed A/C rooms, and 39non A/C double bed rooms consisting of 143 beds.
Auditorium and Multipurpose Hall: In BIAM complex there is an auditorium with a capacity of 575 persons and 250 persons capacity multipurpose hall fully equipped with proper sound system, audio-visual and other modern facilities.
Session Rooms: For organizing training, seminar, conference and workshops BIAM provides 7 air-condition rooms having capacities of 20 to 60 persons which are fully equipped with proper sound system, audio-visual and other modern facilities.
Computer and Language labs: BIAM provides 3 computer labs having capacities of 25 to 30 persons and 1 language lab with modern sound system and other facilities.
Catering Service: There are 5 air-condition canteens that regularly cater meals to the trainees and guests. For special programs 600 persons can be served at a time. Arrangement of banquet is also available on prior reservation.
The Governing Body of BIAM Foundation consists of the following members:
- Chairman, Bangladesh Civil Service (Admin) Association, - Chairman of the Governing Body
- A member nominated by the Central Executive Committee of the Association – Vice Chairman of the Governing Body
- Secretary, Ministry of Land – Ex-Officio member
- Commissioner, Dhaka Division – Ex-Officio member
The following seven officers nominated by the Chairman upon consultation with the Central Executive Committee of the Association:
- An officer of the Cabinet Division not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- An officer of the Ministry of Establishment not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- An officer of the Ministry of Planning/Planning Commission not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- 02 (two) retired and 02(two) serving officers of BCS (Admin) cadre experienced in training and research
- Secretary General of the Association – Ex-Officio member
- Director General, BCS (Admin) Academy – Ex-Officio member
- An M.D.S. nominated by the BPATC
- Deputy commissioner, Dhaka – Ex-Officio member
- Director General, BIAM Foundation - Secretary to the Board
The Board shall nominate the following 05 (five) advisors to the Foundation:
- 02 (two) retired Secretary of the BCS (Admin) Cadre
- 03 (three) serving Secretaries of the BCS (Admin) Cadre